Friday, February 11

We're All Dreamin'!

I asked Blake last night what his dream job would be if all those realities weren't an object.  I had a couple of guesses.  I really thought he would say he would want to open a restaurant.  He loves to cook and has talked about opening a restaurant.  When he makes something that is really good, we always jest "that needs to be on the menu" or if it's a flop we'll say "definetly not going on the menu."  Before, I asked him this question, he showed me a shrimp recipe that he wants to try this weekend.  He's always looking for recipes and trying different things.  I'm so glad.  Because, I really don't like to cook, but I love to eat.  So, it works out for us!

I'm trying to guess what you might think he chose.  Blake is very anti-social.  So most people don't know him.  What you do know is he LOVES to work, he's a busy-body, he's a neat freak, he is filled with nervous
energy, and he doesn't sit still.  He stands up when he watches tv and if UGA plays, he listens to them on the radio while he's working on something or playing football with Patrick.  He seriously cleans blinds because he couldn't think of anything else to do.  He puts his laundry away as soon as it gets out of the dryer and irons his clothes every day!  He despises water spots and anything out of order.  He can be stressful!  It's hard to sit down around him because he will make you feel lazy.  But, when I choose to scrapbook over putting my clothes away that got out of the dryer the day before, he never says a word.  I'm sure it drives him a little crazy, but he knows I WILL do it....just in MY time!  I love him the way he is, and he loves me the way I am.  That works out for us!

Okay, so here is what he said he would be...... a cattle farmer!  I have my soul mate!

While I was asking the question, I asked Patrick.  He wants to be a veterinarian.  No surprise there, as he has ALWAYS loved animals and loved learning about them!  He collects those expensive plastic animals that you see at farm supply stores, Michael's and Target and knows what they all are called.  He's the reason, I know about a kudu.  And, I'll never forget at Jacksonville zoo, he said "That's a tapir.  Man, I didn't know they were so big!" 
Sidenote:  Currently he is interested in learning about the planets.  Since last week, he has been bringing home books about each planet from the library.  So, it may be a matter of time before he says he wants to be an astronaut.  He is 6, after all!

I asked Olivia.  She wants to be "a princess lady monkey."  After she said it, she crinkled up her face and laughed.  She thought that was so funny!  I did too!  I love her personality, she would make the perfect princess lady monkey!

So there you go...in our dreams we would be: a fruit and vegetable farmer, a cattle farmer, a vet, and a princess lady monkey.  You heard it here first!

Me and Blake in about 50 years!  Hee hee!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Great post!

Summer said...

Jennifer,

Awesome post! And I think our husbands might be different flowers from the same garden! When you were describing him I was almost in shock! My Ryan is EXACTLY like that (anti-social, busy, neat-freak, and a great cook)! Is it possible to get two anti-social men together and expect they would enjoy each other's company?? Loved reading about your family~each one of you has something in common with each one of us! So fun!

KerrieLou said...

I would certainly never have guessed Cattle Farmer....but I guess that's Blake. Always full of surprises!

Anonymous said...

I never really think Blake as anti-social as much as I just think he is very quiet...at any rate I love him ! He treats you, Patrick, and Olivia like royalty. It is very obvious when you look at Blake watching his family...you guys are his universe and for whatever reason the sun shines, rises and sets...in his eyes it does it for only three people...well, and me...his favorite mother- in- law! Love you! Momma
PS. Yeah, the cattle farmer threw me but I can see him being one!