Saturday, February 12

Mary Kay makes me beautiful!

I knew you were wondering how I am so beautiful!  Hee Hee   Actually, I must thank my parents for great genes.  They both have great skin so, my canvas given to me by them is a nice starting point.  But, I DO have to take care of it.  I know there are a lot of products out there.  I know people who swear by Merle Norman and others who say Ivory Soap is enough and there's this Obagi that some people think is great.   I'm not trying to start an argument.  I'm just telling you what I use and what I have come to love!
Here is my daily routine:  I wash my face with MK Timewise 3-in-1 cleanser (combination to oily).  It lathers up so nicely!  I wash my face with my finger-tips in an upward motion.  (I'm washing under the shingles)  Your skin is like the shingles on a roof.  When you clean it, you want to clean up under the shingles.  When you apply product, you want to apply with a downard motion- not to get dirt up under the shingles.  After I lather the cleanser all over my face and neck, I wipe it all clean with a warm wash cloth.  I pat my face with a towell, then apply MK Timewise Day Solution.  I use one squirt.  I dot it all over my face, then rub in (in that downward motion).  Because you use one squirt, this bottle lasts a long time!  I think this is supposed to relax expression lines.  I just know it has SPF 25 and is recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation.  I know the sun ages my skin and can give me cancer and I don't want either, so I use it!  The next step is to apply your moisturizer.  I don't use the foundation, it was too heavy for me.  Instead, I use the MK tinted moisturizer (SPF 20)   Then I apply the MK concealer, under my eyes.  I have dark circles under my eyes and this tones them down a bit.  Then, I apply the MK eye primer on my eyelids.  This is the best $12 you can spend, even if all your make-up is Cover Girl.  It actually  keeps your eye  shadow in place.  You know, especially in the summer, when you get hot and sweaty and your eyeshadow gets a crease in your eyelid....well not with this product!  I live in South Georgia!  I never get creases in my shadow.  It never budges out of place.  It looks just as good at 5:00pm as it did at 8:00am!  No kidding!   This product is AMAZING! 
Then, using my MK cheek brush,  I apply my MK cheek color (blush).  I have two colors:  sparkling cider (more bronze) and shy blush (more pink).  Love both!  After these steps, I feel like the fun can begin.  It's at this point, I can be creative and make some fun choices!  My lips:  most often, I use MK neutral lip liner and apply MK amber glow lip color.  When I need to be extra fancy, I use MK chocolate lip liner and apply MK amber suede lip color.  The amber suede makes my teeth look so white! 
Now for they eyes!  I get so excited about all the choices!  I don't have an everyday go-to for this one!  It's different every day.  But, I'll give you an idea on what I do.  First, I apply, with my MK eye definer brush,  MK honey spice eye color  just below my eyebrows and MK crystalline eye color on the inside corner of my eyelids.  Then, I apply Cover Girl Golden Sunrise (probably like MK amber blaze eye color) to the crease of my eyelid using the MK crease brush.  Sometimes I add a little MK copper glow eye color to the very middle of the crease.  Then, on the outside corner of my eyelid, is where I add my accent colors.  My choices are:  MK sweet plum, emerald, chocolate kiss, navy blue, cinnabar, raisin, granite, vintage gold, golden olive, and cranberry ice.  Some of these colors are no longer available.  After I apply the eye colors, I blend, as needed, with my MK eye definer brush.  Then, it is time to enhance my eyebrows just a bit.  I use the MK eyeliner brush to apply MK espresso eye color on my eyebrows.  Just lightly, to fill in the blank spots in my eyebrows or where my eyebrows are blonde.  It helps my brows frame my eyes better.  This was a bit shocking to me when I first tried it.  I was like "Well, HELLO eyebrows!"  I felt like they stood out too much.  But, now I'm used to it and I like it!
The last two steps for make-up are eyeliner and mascera.  I have:  MK eyeliner in amethyst, bronze, deep brown, navy, olive, and steely.  Amethyst is my favorite, but I probably use bronze more often.  I apply it just above my eyelashes all across the top lid and half-way across (from outside in) on the bottom.  I blend it just a little with my finger so it doesn't look like a straight line!  I use Cover Girl mascera.  My experience with MK mascera is that it stays on a bit too much.  I feel like I have to rub my eyes to much to get it off at night.  I felt like I was ruining the elasticity of my skin around my eyes.  I might try it again some day, but for now I am fine with Cover Girl Lash Blast!  Maybe it is because I watch America's Top Model and love Drew Barrymore and Ellen Degeneres and I am a victim of marketing, but I like the Cover Girl mascera and some of the eye shadows!
So, that is my morning routine.  It probably sounds like it would take forever.  But, it doesn't.
In the evening, I use MK oil-free eye make-up remover to take my eye make up off.  Then, I wash my fash with the MK Timewise 3-in-1 cleanser.  (Just as I did in the morning)   Then, I apply MK Timewise night solution.  This product is supposed to do magic to your skin while you sleep.  The MK claim is "vitamins, antioxidant, and collagen-enhancing peptides nourish, smooth and firm skin."  Sounds good to me.  My skin is in great shape so I keep using it!  The next step is MK Timewise Age-fighting Moisturizer.  It makes my skins feel so soft and hydrated.  My final step of the day is the MK Timewise Firming Eye Cream.  I have a genetic history of a slight hooded lid.  So, to keep my eyelids from sagging over my eyeballs, I use this cream.  And, that's it!  Just a few steps to not just look beautiful, but feel beautiful too! 
These products are great!  It's worth a try!  There is a satisfaction guaranteed or your money back policy.  If you decide you don't like it, it's no big deal....just give it back to your consultant and she'll refund your money.  Thing is....you're gonna be satisfied.  You'll have the softest, healthiest skin of your life!  I have been using Mary Kay for four years and will always use these products!
MK make-up is great.  But, if I were going to have one thing, it would be the TimeWise Miracle Set.  It includes four products that are "clinically shown to reduce fine lines and improve skin elasticity and even skin tone."  Oh yeah, and the MK eye primer.
My Mary Kay consultant is Kerrie Sirmans (Baxley, Ga). I gotta give a shot out to her because she takes care of me and I would love to see her business grow and thrive.  I know Laura Young sales it too!  Her enthusiasm for Mary Kay is beyond words.  She will, no doubt, be riding in a pink caddy very soon!

2 comments:

KerrieLou said...

Thanks for the shout out! I'm glad that we found MK together!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the props!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!