Friday, February 18

Talk about customer service!

So, I went in to Walmart this morning to return an item.  I got my sticker from the door lady, then walked to the service desk.  I told the associate, "I need to return these.  They didn't work out."  I handed her the item and the receipt.  She laid the item and receipt on the counter.  I saw her look at the item, then the receipt, then flip the tag around on the item.  So, I pointed out, on the receipt, where the item was listed. 
And, she says, "That irritates me when customers do that."  So, I said, "I sure didn't mean to irritate you.  I was just trying to help."  My tone was sarcastic (as you can imagine).  So she continues to tell me about how they have to look at the reciept and the tag even though she had already found it listed on the receipt.
My response (truly not caring),  "Next time, I'll just throw it at you.  And, you can figure the damn thing out yourself."  Hahahahahahahaha! (I laughed). 
She attempted to recover with some talk.....to which I just gave her this fake pierced lips smile while I shook my head like I was listening, but obvious that I didn't give a shit.
She handed me my money.  I gave her a more genuine smile and said, "Have a good day!"  My instinct was to say, "I hope no one else irritates you today."  But, I held back.  Gotta love customer service!  And, a genuine smart ass!

2 comments:

Katie Boyd said...

Don't you just love it?! I just can't believe how rude people can be sometime! I guess since I work in retail and I try my hardest to make every single one of my customers smile I am extra quick to judge someone like that. I'm proud you managed to handle it so well. LOL

Anonymous said...

I KNOW that tone in your voice....and I KNOW that look that you had on my face...all I can say is..." lady, you done pissed off the wrong woman!". I do not understand what has happened to customer service...it is as though nobody cares...I have gotten to where I hate WalMart...they are all so rude. You handled it with great grace, Jenni! Love you for always. .. Momma