Saturday, February 19

If I gotta be me...I'm gonna be Super Me!




I entered the "My Glue Gun is Bigger Than Yours" contest at Lenny & Eva.  The theme is "self-expression."  This photo is my entry along with the narrative below.  If I win, my quote "If I gotta be me....I'm gonna be Super Me!" will be on a piece of their jewelry!


Thinking outside of the box and self-expression are two of my specialties! I make a daily conscious effort to express myself through my outfits, jewelry, hair style, and other accessories! So, you can imagine, how excited I was to enter this contest!


My original quote is "If I Gotta Be Me....I'm Gonna Be Super Me!" I was inspired by the quote "If your going to be blue, be bright blue." To support my quote, I decided to make my picture a "Super Me" portrait. (thinking outside of the box of simply displaying my poster in a photo with my pretty head) My "poster" is my "Super Me" shield. The design was inspired by the quilt on the couch in the photo on your blog's home page. My quote is in a word bubble. This, again, was inpired by the word bubble pillows on the couch in your blog's home page. I thought the word bubble was both literal and appropriate for "self-expression."

I wanted the portrait to have a vintage feel to compliment your jewelry's salvaged style. So, when I processed my photo in Elements, I ran a "seventies" action on it. I love it! And, I hope you do too!

Jennifer Crosby, Self-expression Extraordinaire





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg! You are a hoot, I say, a hoot! lyf,lya,alailmbyb! Momma

Anonymous said...

Love it girl!! You have such an imagination!! :) You are super thats for sure!!!