Wednesday, February 9

Today my heart belongs to my seniors!

We celebrated Valentine's Day with a dance for our seniors.  They dressed in their finest outfits, and boogied.  They got down, and, most importantly, got up!  They looked so beautiful and handsome!  They had a ball!  Joy filled my soul to watch them!
I have worked for the Area Agency on Aging as the Wellness Program Coordinator for almost ten years.  Like any job, there are parts I don't like.  I don't like paperwork or data entry or feeling stuck in the office.  But, when I am able to spend time with the seniors, I can't believe I get paid to do what I do. 
My professional goal is that I help guide them to make healthier lifestyle choices.  My personal goal is to love them.  I make a special effort to get to know my seniors.  I take up time with them and learn about their lives.  It's like I have hundreds of grandma's and grandpas!  Oh, how I hope I boogie like these fine folks when I am a Granny!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenni!! I love the pictures! I bet everyone had a great time! I wish you lived closer...but knowing how much you love your life there makes me very happy and content! Love reading your blog....love you! Momma
P.S. Forgot my password for my blog sign in....sorry about the anonymous!