Thursday, February 24

Obsessive and Winning!

I am obsessive.  Maybe a little compulsive.  Very far from impulsive.  I'm a thinker, a contemplator.  I obsessively ponder.  When I think about things, it's intense.  I can be found often with a notebook and pencil, sitting outside, meditating on my thoughts.  I'm always thinking of ideas and planning some kind of project!My mind races all the time!  You get the idea?
So, when I saw the contest on Lenny & Eva's facebook page, it was on!  I dove into their blog and their website and facebook page.  I studied the photos, the style, the words.  I wanted my idea to match up with their style of jewelry.  I knew no one could match my idea!  I don't say that in a braggy or arrogant way.  I say it with confidence.  I take pride in my work!  I know how hard I work to do what I do!  No leaf is left unturned when I set out to think.  Know this though:  I am always appreciative when I get compliments.  It makes me feel so good.  It encourages me to do more and try harder.  I'm a show-off.  So, give me a captive audience.  And, I get carried away.
And, even though, I accomplish great things, my mind can get a little tiresome!  Yesterday wore me out...thinking about winning that dad blame contest.  I thought of every access to people that I had.  And, I called on them!  The obvious is my "friends" on facebook, but I went to Clickin Moms and Studio Calico too!
I called my parents and put them on the job.  I told my Daddy to require his employees to vote for me or they would be fired.  I told him to go to the bank lobby and hand out "vote" flyers.  I told my Momma to require her students to like my photo and to stand over their shoulders to make sure they did it correctly!  I even "hacked" into my Mom's Facebook account and took over her status' for the day, asking for votes.  I called my Step-dad Bobby.  I told him to call everyone he knew in the whole country.  Can you believe he laughed at me?  I asked my closest friends to put it as their status to get me more "likes."  I asked my friend Kerrie, who is from Australia, to take it international and ask Australia to vote.  And, some have!  I have written down every name of who "likes" my photo.  I'm keeping track.  That way, I know who to stalk and ask why they haven't voted and properly instruct them on how to do it.  Then, double check that they did it.  Then, thank them!  That's how I roll y'all.  And, that's how I'm gonna win!
I am currently in first place.  I intend to be there Saturday at noon when the contest closes.  Until then, you know what I'll be doing....thinking.....figuring out ways to get more votes!

2 comments:

Amanda Marie said...

You are WILD!!! and very honest. I love it. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes...I think OCD runs in our veins...we get mind set on something and we become completely obsessed with it...thus my million phone calls when you guys don't answer my call...thus pouring over a project until it is absolutely perfect...I feel ya, girl...sometimes I wonder if it's a gift or a curse! Love you! Your #1 fan....Momma