Monday, February 14

I Got Love For My In-Laws!

Blake is out of town.  Every week, he leaves Monday morning and comes home Thursday evening.  This is the only life we have ever known.  It's not usually a big deal, but when it comes to extra special days like today (Valentines Day), he feels extra far away! 
Today, I called Blake's Momma (Maxine) and asked if her and Bill (Blake's Daddy) had plans for supper.  I was planning on taking Patrick and Olivia out to eat and wanted them to join us.  We went to the Huddle House (Daddy Bill's favorite) and had breakfast for supper.
The food was good, but it was the company that made my heart extra happy and made Blake seem much closer.  I am so blessed to have Maxine and Bill in my life.  I always joke that if Maxine were to pick anyone for her son's wife, she wouldn't choose me.  I am not your average south-georgia church goin' speak when you're spoken to type girl.  But, you know what?  She has never once made me feel like she wants me to be any different.  I think it's so cute when she says "We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one."  We are both firm in the things we believe.  Maxine hates confrontation.  I would rather skip confrontation, but a nice respectful debate is good for growth.  I can never relate to the horrid talk of mother-in-laws.  Mine is an angel straight from heaven!
Tonight, Maxine shared her cheese grits with Olivia, Patrick read us "Cat In The Hat," I wiped syruppy hands with wet towells, and Bill picked up the tab.  I am so grateful for my Mother and Father In-Law!  They made me feel extra loved tonight by spending Valentine's with me, Patrick, and Olivia!
Thought I would leave you with a few pictures i took a couple of weekends ago!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Maxine and Bill! They are such wonderful people! In fact, I love the entire family! A mother always wants to know her children are safe and loved when they are not around to hover them...I know you are loved...but now that you have told everyone Blake's work schedule...I will worry! Like you for always...live you forever...Mommap