Monday, February 7

How Kentucky girl met Georgia boy

The journaling on this page reads "Kentucky girl comes to Georgia for a job. She is invited over for supper by her neighbor. Girl meets neighbor's brother. Neighbors brother swears girl didn't talk too much. Girl never wanted to talk to any other boy. And, this is only the beginning of our story..."  
"We met October 2001. We married October 2002."

I moved eleven hours away from everything familiar and comfortable.  I didn't know a single soul in Baxley.  I was brave, courageous, and independent.  I am so thankful I trusted myself and was open to a new experience.  It lead me to this charmed life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every time I drove to Baxley, I think...' I cannot believe this girl drove this far for a job interview'. And then when you asked us what our thoughts were about you leaving...all I wanted to say was...'no! stay and live with us forever' but we knew you had to try it...and look where you are now! And look what I get! A wonderful son in law and beautiful grandkids!